Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Puking and Mewling


Last Wednesday, my husband, son and I welcomed a new daughter into our family. Esphyr Dorothea was born at home on January 14th. So far she is a very happy girl. My course of reading, as you may expect, has been derailed. So I promise to give you my final word on Dance Dance Revolution next time around. For now, a celebratory poem:

To P.J. (2 yrs. old who sed write a poem for me in Portland, Oregon)

if i cud ever write a
poem as beautiful as u
little 2/yr/old/brotha,
i wud laugh, jump, leap
up and touch the stars
cuz u be the poem i try for
each time i pick up a pen and paper.
u. and Morani and Mungu
be our blue/blk/stars that
will shine on our lives and
make us finally BE.
if i cud ever write a poem as beautiful
as u, little 2/yr/old/brotha,
poetry wud go out of bizness.

-- Sonia Sanchez

So that is all for now. Except: speaking of celebratory, how about that inaugural poem today? I liked the line about love being the mightiest word.

Happy everything,
Jill

1 comment:

Jill Koren and Matthew Vetter said...

Congrats Jill! She's perfect, of course.


Matthew